Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Think I got Clicked Bombed

On Sunday I received and email from Google stating my Adsense account has been disabled. Well isn't that grand, not that I'm raking in the money like there is no tomorrow; but it is a bit annoying. Now I know I have not been clicking my own ads, and my family doesn't read this site so I know its not my kids doing it. I have never bought views or anything like that, so that leaves me down to one last item it could be. Click Bombed by someone that doesn't like my YouTube content. Since moving from a gaming only channel and expanding on the whole Family end of videos showing real life and not following the same path as every "YouTube Gamer" poster, means that some just want others gone. So guess I made someone out there mad about my move away just gaming and into a more real world view of my videos.

Now what does that mean for Life Of a Gaming Dad? Well I sit here and hope Google will re-activate my account and funding for this site will continue threw those means. But lets be truthful. As with doing some research around the web a good 80% of the time Google does these disabling never get back on-line again. Its a sad thing but something I will have to accept, there are other ad-programs out there, but with being a small blog and channel it will be a long road ahead to get them going. The next step after that would be do I want to move away from Blogger due to be owned by Google? Well again theres a hit when it comes to funding. I chose this place due to the easy access between YouTube, Blogger and Adsense in order to quickly get thing going for not only myself but the content I wanted to create.

With all that said Life of a Gaming Dad will go on in some form, might even cut my losses and step away from the channel I have had for years since YouTube's opening. Is it a big loss, both yes and no. Yes as I have become known with the handle I have had for so many years, thus the reason for using it to start this blog. On the no hand re-branding is a major task and I think thats were my problem showed up. Many didn't like the change creating a loss of over 150 subs in just a month. (Yep big run down).
All in all I am in big hopes for some good words back from Google but in the end its their call, and time to create a new plan for this Domain and idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment